Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a new psychiatrist, I'm having same problem..what to do?

I am on the 2nd psychiatrist, we already had a counselor. I recorded the session, because these doctor's are unbias, and lie about the sessions; what was said. I have the father bashing our son. I didn't have enough room on the other question. I didn't just jump to put my child on medication, but we found he is a little calmer especially at school. The father doesn't want our child helped, he says, our son just needs punishment. That the doctor's just want money. With the same tongue, complains that our son, doesn't remember 5 seconds after telling him something, doesn't make eye contact, has no reasoning ability. That falls under the P.D.D.(autism). I am trying my best to work with everyone from home to school & doctor's for my child's sake but the father and his wife are making it difficult. By lying to the doctor's and detering them from successfully completing the therapy. step-mother causes problems through dad.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (3)
  • Go to your state's medical regulatory agency and file a complaint.

    Was this a secret recording? If so, not admissable as evidence.

    Answer by gdiamante at 7:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Not always true gdiamante. In some states, as long as one party knows there was a recording, it's admissible.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • its also up the judge of the court, if he wants to listen then it can be used.

    Answer by friendlyterri at 7:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.