kittens

i want to get a kitten my son just loves them but we live in an apartment thats small except for the bedroom. where would be a good area to put a litter box where my 14 month old wont get into it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pets

• In the bathroom, or put it in a hall closet but leave it slightly open. You can also get a covered litter box.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• bathroom or laundry room....put up a gate
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 7:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I put our litter box in a room that we closed off with a baby gate. Get a gate that has wide enough bars for the kitty to slip through. A good way to tell if it's wide enough is to measure the width of the kitty's whiskers from edge to edge. They actually use them to help them know if they can fit into an opening. Keep in mind though, this kitty will grow...so I'd get something with plenty of slip through room.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Bathroom....i thought about getting a kitten before i found out i was preg. again...but i decided against it. put it some where your son isnt allowed, he shouldnt be in the bathroom without you anyway...other than that the kitchen/ laundry room.....i wouldnt want it in my kitchen though
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• get one of the covered ones with the carbon filter in it. then if you have to put it in a small enclosed room like a closet, it won't smell.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 11:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you have two bedrooms, you could put it in your bedroom and use a hooded litter box. We keep ours in the bedroom. The bathrooms are too small for a litter box. We'd have to step in them to use the shower or toilet. Ick! However in our previous apartment, the bathroom was large enough to keep it in there. Maybe take off one of the cabinet doors and put it under the sink?
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2009