My water broke at 23 weeks and I've been stuck in the hospital on bedrest since then. I am 3 hours away from my family. Any suggestions on how to keep myself from getting depressed and going crazy?

sandyg86

Asked by sandyg86 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, it apears you have a computer, do youi have a webcam? it would be a good investment. you can skype and feel closer to your family. thats what we do w my sister who is out of state.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• That is an excellent idea. That is what I do with my hubby who is deployed. Also get to know the hospital staff and residents. See if there are candy stripers or someone to play cards with. Get some good books and read. See about taking up a craft. Try to stay busy, cry when you need. Also remember you are doing this for your unborn child who is completely dependant on you. And never forget that you can and will do this for you are the SUPER MOMMY.

clapping                 typing

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009