what should i do about a flat spot on my babies head?the doctor thinks its fine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't put her down on her back to sleep the same way all the time. Rotate her side to side. More tummy time....a LOT more tummy time.

This is only one of the problems with putting a baby to sleep on its back.
    Anonymous

• Most babies get the flat spot and a bald spot because that it where they lay most of the time.. When your baby becomes active, it will go back to normal..You can place the baby on different sides but most likely he/she will turn it right back.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• and remember to keep him/her on his/her tummy or sitting up, without having his (oh, you know/her) head rest on the same spot all the time while awake.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son got a flat spot too. I tried to give him lots of tummy time. And He always slept on his back until he got oldenough to roll to his belly his self. and then and now is how he chooses to sleep. But I would just try to turn his head the opposite way from how he usually turnd it after he would fall asleep. But it healed itself.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2009