I need advice im desperate!!!!! plz read my story

My name is christie. I am 25 and have 3 small boys ages 3,4, and 5. They have become very rebellious and i admit i am not a very good disiplinarian wen it comes to my kids. they dont want to listen at all and i take it into consideration that they are just kids but they shouldnt act the way they do!! Help me i need advicce on how to get them to listen to me!!!! plz email me with any advice. Christiesmith1984@yahoo.com...... thanks to everyone who has read my post!!! God Bless and have a good night.......sincerely concerned mother at the end of her rope!!! I feeel sooooo bad asking for advice cause i cant control my own kids.....

3boysontherun

Asked by 3boysontherun at 7:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First problem, you take it into consideration that they are just kids. They're walking all over you because of that.

Behavior modification....they are put in time out until they agree to do as they were told, until they are ready to rectify the situation (where they did something wrong) or until they are ready to behave properly. THere are no time limits, they stand with their nose in a corner until they are ready and there is no immediate reward of being released from time out because they have to still do what they were told.

Don't "ask" them to do something, you TELL them to do it. If you ask, they have the right to refuse.

Crack the whip when you have to. Don't be a push over. They are plenty old enough to behave properly.

Mine are 5, 4 and 3 as well.
    Anonymous

• I was raised to believe that the magic word is "please". Having children has taught me that the magic word is "NOW". We use our manners. We all say please and thank you even to the children. I call my little ones Sir and Mam. In general we are as nice as we can be for as long as we can be. When they are disobedient, all bets are off. I give them a great amount of freedom. They make a lot of choices for themselves and are allowed to express their opinions (politely). I have my rules however and they are unwavering. In short, their freedom is their reward for obedience.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 7:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think it is very difficult to give concrete advice without knowing you and your boys, but the first two answers are great. I was going to suggest looking for a parenting class in your area, so you can learn what "normal" behavior is, what different discipine methods are and see what will work for you. I only have one son, and he seemed to be "good" during the "even" years: 2, 4, 6, etc and not so good during the odd years...we will be heading into an odd year shortly.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• you sound young. alot of moms want to be friends with their kids well thats not the way of it you need to set down firm rules and consiquences for when those rules are broken make sure the kids knwo these and be firm about them. for example if your child wants a drink ask them if they want a or b (water or milk ,apple or orange so there is no chance of them saying soda or koolaid) if they say neithr and name soemtihg they cant have then repeat your choices and say thats all i am offering. and before you hand over the drink the child has to say please or they dont get the drink its that simple there may be some screaming some tantrums and alot of AHHHHH moments but that will last no more than a few days if you need any more advice email me or send me a pm here on cafe mom
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If you havent sat down and whatched supernanny or nanny911 do it! They are great at showing how to balance that they are just kids but they have to behave and listen to you thing. I have a 2 1/2 year old that i consider my blessing from God and was starting to see that i was letting him get away with too much after watching supernanny and nanny911 i started implementing some of thier rules and technics and it is doing wonders for us
    smerlan

Answer by smerlan at 4:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2009