Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In home childcare/babysitting?

My husband works with a really great single dad and he is having money trouble, he pays $800/month for daycare. So I offered to watch his kids for $100/week to help him out. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could check laws and such for this in Texas. He wants to take it out of his taxes so I know I will have to pay taxes back, but I was wondering what the laws were. He has two kids, ages 3 and 4.

Any help would be great.


Asked by lauraluann at 7:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 3 (14 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • check your states web site. If you google your state and child care regulations you should be able to find the exact requirements

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Gosh, I don't know about texas but if I was you I would really look into it. That is quite a break you are giving him. If you figure out the taxes you may have to pay out more for taxes than he is getting back (this happened to my mom when she watched her nieces). My mom said if she had known this was the case she would have offered just to pay my uncle what he would have gotten back and not have dealt with the taxes. Also I know where I live if you report taxes on childcare then you have to get your in home license and that may cost you money as well. Granted it should all be tax deductible.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009