Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help i dont know what to do

i just found out at my child support hearing that my ex might have a child with the women that he dumped me for when i was 4mo along (he no longer with her) the ex swears it isnt his but he lies alot(but the time period that she would have gotten pregnant they were together ) the woman who i will call *nikki* didnt show up the ex did get swabbed for a paternity test but i dont think he will tell me if it is his (he told me that nikki was abusive and that it doesnt concern me which hes kinda right about ) but if that childis his i would like to reach out to nikki in the hopes that we might be able to get our kids together what should i do


Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I have to say that I agree with the other ladies here about your situation. Finding a play group for you child, and just making sure he pays you the child support he is suppose to are better options for you. You sound like a caring person, which maybe the reason why you want to reach out to Niki, but I think if you did, you would only make life harder for yourself and possibly for you child later on down the line. I hope everything works out for you.

    Answer by Desirae17 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • It is none of your business. As long as he is pays you childsupport. That is all you should be worried about.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Stay out of it. Seriously.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • That is opening a can of worms and will cause more drama then it is worth. Find a good playgroup for your child to enjoy other kids with. Leave it alone, it is a rare case that this would work out.


    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Seriously, stay out of it. This is none of your business. You will just make trouble for yourself. All you need to worry about is your ex paying the child support for your child.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Sadly my son has a half brother that he never sees. DS is 16, his biofather signed off for my DH to adopt him when DS was 13 and he knew his brother b/c his biofather was still with his mom when ex signed off. I left it up to DS if he wanted any contact with his family and he has not had any contact. I still had some unfinished CS and was in court ran into the now exGF of my exDH and gave her my sons phone number and she gave me hers b/c his bro (5 years old) was asking about him, but DS has chosen not to call her.
    In your situation I would let it go. It is sad knowing that your child has a half sibling out there that he/she will never really know, but thats the way it is sometimes. Especially since your ex cheated with this woman the drama would probably not be worth it.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • u must like drama. that's just immature. mind yur own business

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009