has anyone else dealt with head abnormalities?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Alittle more information please...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have a friend whose son's head was considered large. It is always in the top 90th %. His physical development has been a little slower, be he is doing great and his cognitive development is right on track and probably on the higher end of things.

Is this what you're talking about?
    Anonymous

• My cousins heads were both very huge, over 90 percent also, they were both fine. It was a running joke in the family for a long time that their bodies would eventually catch up the their heads and they finally did. Sometimes this means nothing and sometimes it can equal a medical condition. The best thing she can do is just have the Doctors monitor him. As far as being slightly behind, have her not to stress about that, all children develop at different rates. My middle DD didn't walk til 18 months, very odd but nothing wrong with her, she is almost 10 now.

Yes, that is what I mean, hard to answer a question without any details.. I didn't know if you mean shaped funny, flat on one side..etc..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you are talking about mishapen heads, my DH is a pediatric orthotist, please get your kiddo in for an evaluation, they have little helmets to reform the shape of their skull, the sooner you start the better the outcome, if you are talking large or very small head, your doc should send you to a neurologist for more testing, good luck mom, pm if you want more info!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009