paypal?

I have some one who wants to buy my phone but can only give me the money over paypal..How does it work?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 8:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• You sign up for a paypal account at paypal.com. When you register, if you haven't already, you will use an email address. Once your account is set up, you give the person buying your phone your paypal email address. When they log on, they can then simply type in the address and paypal will send the money to your account. Once you have it, you can transfer it into your bank account or use it wherever paypal is accepted.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Ive had my paypal account for over 5 years, and Ive used it 100's of times without incident.

If I remember right at the start up, you have to verify your banking account by paypal taking a day or two to deposit small amounts of money (like 3c and 46c) and then you have to tell them what the deposits amounts are before they will "open" your account for business.

It is a legitimate site and secure, and I even have a paypal debit card, so when I sell things on ebay I dont have to wait for transfers of money before I can spend it, I just card swipe it like a credit card.
    tsjpop

Answer by tsjpop at 4:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Beware! It is probably a scam!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I don't think it is a scam, I think the person if trying to protect themselves. We have used paypal for years and it is the only way I will pay for things from ebay especially after earlier this year we paid for an item and the seller wouldn't even reply to our emails and paypal got our money back for us.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• PayPal is awesome and protects both parties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009