i got my safelink government cell phone.

does anyone else have one? its pretty cool 71 mins a month ain't too bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Isn't that for people who cant afford a phone?
    Anonymous

• we have foodstamps and medicaid. my hubs works a min wage job he didn't have a job for 8 months he took whatever he could get so yea we can't afford a phone. internet is included in our rent
    Anonymous

• who do you need to call when you don't work? a basic landline home phone costs around 15 per month.

by the way...you're welcome. my tax dollars paid for it!
    Anonymous

• Oh, I didn't mean anything by it, I was just asking. Safelink, thought I had heard of it before but wasn't sure. Is it like a pick up and go phone? I hate it when I don't have a phone. Hope your situation improves, my hubby has been laid off for 2 years and neither of us can find a job, we've tried everywhere!
    Anonymous

• sorry about the bashers.. yes I heard of safelink. In my state they get 80mins. I work for the eldery and most of them have it, that is how I know about it. It is a good thing. And good luck on hubby finding work, mine has been off 16months!!! Thankfully I am able to work and pick up extra hours were needed :). Take care..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Anon:27, a landline does NOT cost $15 a month anywhere around here, unless you're like a veteran or something. I have been shopping for phone service for a month, and I wound up going with the government assisted phone service, and it is STILL going to cost me $35 a month for basic. I've heard of Safelink and I would subscribe but unfortunately they do not provide service in KY. I think it is really great what they are doing.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• glad my husband went to school for 13 years so you can have a cellphone
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 9:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Oh jesus, people. She has a WHOPPING 71 minutes. She's sure living it up with your tax dollars. And my husband has been to school for nearly 6 years, and we still qualify for all those programs. If it bothers you to that extent, start writing your congressmen instead of whining on the internet.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 9:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• she is probably sitting at home with her 4 kids while her husband works ready to pop another one out to put on medicaid. what a crock! get a job and help out
    Anonymous

• I have a hard time understanding this program. I went over a year w/out a cell phone. Finally a couple mo ago I picked up a tracphone for $19 and a $20 calling card to go w/ it. I rarely use the thing. Does this safelink take the place of a landline? If it does I can understand the point of it more. Other than that I would think it is a luzury one can do w/out.
    Anonymous