Reasons to Co-sleep

Now, I realize co sleeping is not a fit for ever family, but I read these 10 reasons to co sleep and it made me realize how right co sleeping is, and I was wondering if anyone else had read these before.

http://www.naturalchild.org/jan_hunt/familybed.html

All4OneN1forAll

Asked by All4OneN1forAll at 8:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did not read it but I co slept because...
    I did not have to get outtta bet to nurse, settle or rock my son
    We both slept better knowing we has each other by our sides
    I got to cherish those moments while he was so little.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 8:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• yeah i learned all of the positives & negatives of cosleeping in my psychology of childhood class last semester. i let my son sleep in bed with me pretty much every night, he seems to like it & so do i but occasionally i will put him in his crib just so that eventually he can get used to it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i tried but i was so nervous i couldn't sleep with 3 of us in there i like my space when i sleep lol
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have read it and I did do it, but that being said we did have an incident where my DS got rolled over on, I chose to keep him in a cradle right next to my bed until he was 6 months old after that, you really should talk to your pediatrician SIDS is much less in babies over 6 months old who co sleep but MUCH higher in infants under 6 months, please no bashing, as I said I am an advocate and still do it, but there ARE risks with tiny ones.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i also breastfed and it was easier, i sleep alot better knowing she is right there just in case something happens like a house fire or someone breaking in.also hubby lost a chld to sids so i weird a lil about that.my little one LOVES to cuddle. she always have to have my arm around her.i think it is a great bonding experiance
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Co-sleep . . . if that's what you want to call it, I did it until she was 3 months old. She wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her, so I had this entire ridiculous set up. I would prop pillows against my headboard and on either side of me. I would put the Boppy pillow around my waist and my daughter would sleep basically in the football hold. The breast was always there and it was the ONLY way I could get any sleep at ALL. I had to go as far as to not wear underwear so that once she fell asleep, I could slide down a little without getting the wedgie of a lifetime. Co sleeping was survival for me, but next time around I will definitely use a co-sleeper ---well, if that is unless I have another screamer! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Pediatricians advise against co-sleeping. My babies always slept in a cradle,then in their own beds and they are happy healthy adults now. There too many smothered babies cases for anyone to agree to co-sleeping. And,it puts a strain on your marriage, Your marriage should be the number one priority. Definitely.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My dd pediatrician is completely for co sleeping. Far more babies die alone in their cribs than in bed with their parents. Sids was actually called "Crib death" for quite a while because it usually happens to a baby that was last seen just fine in their crib... That said, of course you have to be super careful with your child, my dd sleeps in a co sleeper bed. www.snugglenest.com, like the ones on that site, but never alone in our bed or on dad's side.
    All4OneN1forAll

Answer by All4OneN1forAll at 11:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2009