How do you react when your husband is in a bad mood

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Generally I try to find out why he is in a bad mood, so we can fix it. But if he is in a bad mood for his own stupidity or just in a bad mood because he can be I tell him to get the stick out of his ass and start acting nicer. Somehow hearing what a jerk he is being usually snaps him out of his bad mood.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I tip-toe around it. It usually comes across as him being very quiet and one word answers instead of sentences toward a conversation. I find if I pry, he tends to argue and I never find out what s really bothering him. But, if I leave him be for a couple of hours and do my own things, he pulls out of it and is back to his old self.
    Anonymous

• I give him all the space he wants! DH is the kind of man that if he wants to talk about what's bothering him, he will come to me. If I try to ask, I'm guaranteed to get my head bitten off! I learned this 21 years ago when we were first married.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I usually pick a fight so he stays away for a while

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I let it go...more often than not I'm the one in a bad mood. We all get frustrated and overwhelmed.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Give him space till the kids go to bed and then get him to talk about it. And if not I have my ways of improving his mood. tee hee.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009