my child has swollen mosquito bites....?

when she gets bit by a mosquito it swells up to a blister looking thing....im not sure if she allergic or if ists just the way she reacts?....is there some kind of medicine i should be giving her or...im not sure?...ive never seen anything like it!...

Kristencook

Asked by Kristencook at 8:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• My son is the same way. Read on Skitter syndrome (google it) Also apply benadryl over the counter and keep an eye on the bites so if your child scratches it, it won't get infected. If there is temperature also, take child to pediatrician.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Probably and allergy, that's what it is in my family anyway. Try washing with backing soda water and giving some Benedryl.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My grandson gets them. The dr says he is allergic to them. They use benadryl on him but they also have the epi pen. You need to tell the ped and get an appt with a pediatric allergy dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Are you sure it is mosquito bites? This is the right time of year for chicken pox.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My son was like that but this past year he has gotten better but then as soon as I see he has a bite I put hyrocortizon cream on it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2009