18 month old with a runny nose

What should I do to help my daughter with her runny nose?She has no fever,does not look like she feels bad or anything but her nose will not stop running.....I don't know if there is anything I can do besides get her to keep blowing her nose and put lotion on her face so it does not get dry and burn if any one know how to help I would really appreciate it thanks(:

Kelly_Motherof2

Asked by Kelly_Motherof2 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• childrens bynadryl.works great but it may make them sleepy.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son is 14 months old and he just got over the nastiest runny nose! They last for about 10 days and then they will disappear. That's what my sons doctor said. And she was right! If I were you I would not give her anything at all unless you think she is congested. And if she gets congested you should probably take her to the doctor. ..The only thing we did do is we put baby vicks on his chest at night and a ran the vick vaporizer in his room This help a lot. Helped him sleep a lot better. Hope this helps!

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• you still cant offer any over the counter medicines at this age. my son just got over a bad cold and his nose was either very runny or very dry. I found the saline drops to work the best! I also put a cool mist humidifier in his room and elevated one side of his mattress with a folded towel. if you dont have a humidifier you could always steam up the bathroom w/ a hot shower and sit in there with her
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If it's not bothering her I wouldn't do anything about it. I try to give medicine as little as possible, so a runny nose would definitely be something I'd let run it's course without meds. If she gets congested, a humidifier works well and Baby Vicks on the chest, back, and feet.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009