how would you feel if your father in law was gettingmarried, and you weren't invited to the rehearsal dinner? and everyone else was?

my fil is getting married tomorrow. and i just assumed they weren't having a rehearsal, cause they never said anything about having one. mil said she talked to my sil who said she was on her way there. and she asked why i wasn't invited, and she said she didn't know. but i know why. cause i don't drive, and my husband is working tonight. and they knew someone would have to come get me and take me home. and no one wants to do that. i'd feel better if i knew it was just for the wedding party, but my sil isn't in the wedding and she is going. i just feel left out. and my daughter is going to be the flower girl. and after the ceremony my husband and his brother are going to leave early to go to a football game, so i won't have a way to get home. i asked my sil if she could take me home, and she said she has plans, so i asked if she could just bring me by her moms after. but haven't heard from her,and i think its cause she doesnt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Continued: Want to take me. I feel like I don’t even want to go to the wedding cause I’m such a hassle for everyone to deal with. But my fils girlfriend asked me to take the pictures tomorrow at the wedding so I guess I have to go. Its not that I don’t wan to go, I just feel like I’m a burden to everyone,
    Anonymous

• Is there are reason you do not drive? A medical condition or something?
    mitch1234

Answer by mitch1234 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The weeding isn't about you. It is a special day for the couple getting marrie and everybody needs to be doing anything they can to support the happy couple or tinking on ways to make it wasier on them because they will have their hands full that day.

Your husband is responsible to drive you around not your SIL so talk with him and tell him hey what is your arrangement for my transportation? Let him call in the favors, let him make the arrangements. Out of curiosity, why you don't drive. Is there a medical reason for it or is it a preference?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i know its their day and i shouldn't be thinking about myself, but i just don't want to be stranded there with my daughter. i don't have a drivers license, i got pregnant in high school, and never got around to getting one, my husband works 60 sometimes 70 hour a week, so he doesn't have time to help me practice, and no one else wants to come out here and help me with it so i just don't drive.
    Anonymous

• I think you are right, it is a hassle. I am in no way trying to be rude to you, I dont know your situation. I DO know that weddings are busy days for the whole family and they all would rather be there supporting the couple and witnessing the events than driving around.
    Your husband needs to be making sure you have a ride home before he makes other plans.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think #1 get your license cuz i can how that could annoy people expecially on thier special day and agree with the above your husband should handle the situation!
    mitch1234

Answer by mitch1234 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If that is the only reason you dont drive then you need to take action and get your license. You have no idea how much of a relief it will be to be able to drive anywhere you want to.
    Since you obviously have internet access, check the website for the DOL in your area. The practice test should be on there (written.) Study it in your free time. All it takes as far as REAL driving time is one day and you should have it down.
    I am sure your famiyl would be more than willing to take you to take the test if you showed some initiative.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• jenellemarie i agree with you that my husband should have made sure i had a way to get home before he made other plans. but i think he thinks i should have done that myself. i know he works a lot and he doesn't get to do stuff like go to a football game often, but he shouldn't forget about me and getting a way home cause he should know its a hassle trying to find someone to take me home. .
    Anonymous

• i took the driving test a few months ago and failed it, so i need more practice, i just can't go driving by myself to practice.
    Anonymous

• I feel like I'm stating the obvious but couldn't you take a taxi home?
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009