How often do you give to Goodwill?

Or Salvation Army or some type of donation organization?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• twice a year spring and fall when I do my heavy duty cleaning!!
    mitch1234

Answer by mitch1234 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I hate the Goodwill. Their prices are way too high for used merchandise. They no longer give their donations to charity and most have gone to a chain. It's disgraceful really. I donate to another local charity instead.
    Anonymous

• I donate to Safe Nest whenever I fill up a bag of stuff, which is several times a year. I hate clutter, so I clean out the closets and stuff every couple of months. They make it really easy here because there are little huts in all the supermarket parking lots.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Every chance I get! We just recently got a Goodwill here in my area, and I love that the money raised goes to help with job training programs. We're not rich by any means, but when we can, we donate knowing that it's going toward something good. I pray that my donation helps someone learn a new job skill that gets them hired to take care of their family.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Everytime I go in there to shop.
    Anonymous

• barely ever.. I give to people I know that can use them. My family thinks I am nuts cause I give away all my children's small clothes..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i donate to mother to mother cause the items are given away to moms in need and i say about every 6 months my youngest is 2 and a girl so i get rid of stuff as soon as she out grows it then my youngest son's stuff that he out grows i donate cause me daughter cant use them. and other items that the moms cant or wont use they use for a garage sale and all the proceeds go back into the mother to mother program to provide parenting education and other stuff
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Once a week...

Every time I clean the house I find things to toss... Clothes the kids are out of, shoes, games something... And since Good Will is next to where I do my shopping, I just drop the stuff off on Saturday while I'm there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I drop stuff off about once a month or every other month, depending on when we go through stuff.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I do it once every 2 to 3 months. I can not stand clutter and if there is stuff we can't use or don't want I always give it to the local health department, they have a little building in their parking lot that has all kinds of stuff and they give it to people who need it or sale it in a yard sale for very cheap and donate all the money to giving free breast pumps to women who can't afford them. They also give away car seats and things like that.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009