Did you have a c-section? Do you still have pains that you know are linked to having a c-section?

I had a c-section 14 months ago. For the most part everything went well. Except when I came home every time I peed at the end my muscles would contract and a glob of blood would come out followed by a light sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I was told that I was probably just healing. Well, 14 months later the blood is gone but I still have that same pain! Sometimes its worse then other times. sometimes I have to hold my stomach and lean forward to pee so that it does not hurt as bad! I have been checked for UTIs and had a sonogram. Doc said everything looks normal..Anyone else having a problem like this? What do you think it could be?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me it was the epidural. Almost 4 years ago, it still hurts my back specially during cold weather but I am used to live in pain now. Is almost like if I don't remember what was it to be pain free.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think that you are putting too much blame on a c-section. I had two, over twenty years ago. I think the gushing sensation you are referring to is quite normal with any child birth. It's really not linked to strictly a c-section. If you are in pain, go to the Dr. I had no problems or issues whatsoever. In fact, I was up the next day walking around!
    Anonymous

• i get bad pains in my back which i think is from my epidural or/and from taking depo (which i just quit) but the pains i know what you are talking about i got those for a long time...my son will be five soon and sometimes i will still get a sharp jabbing pain once in a while in that area but its nothing serious...it just feels like i've pulled a muscle or something
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I had a c-section 11 months ago, and sometimes it hurts like the devil when I sneeze. But I'm also 32 weeks pregnant so that could be contributing to the pain.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I've had three csections. I can't have the kids jump on my belly because my belly still hurts from the cesection. Where my incision is it's numb. So If I move right I do feel that twinge of pain in my belly. I'm overweight and working on loosing weight to make myself as comfortable s possible when those happen. I don't know what your situation is but percocet works well for pain management for me.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I HAVE HAD 2 C-SECTIONS... MY YOUNGEST IS 4 SO MUCH LONGER AGO THAN SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS. BUT NEVER HAD I HAD ANY PAINS LIKE YOU DESCRIBED? ONLY IRRITATION I HAVE WITH THE AREA IS NUMBNESS. I STILL CAN NOT FEEL IN THAT AREA OF MY STOMACH. AND FROM TIME TO TIME I HAVE VERY ANNOYING ITCHING. LIKE SCARS DO WHEN THEY ARE HEALING.
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 4:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2009