do you think he is just looking for someone to take care of him?

i know this 18 yr old guy who only dates older women 10 to 15 years older even when he was 16 and 17 he went after women who had kids. he doesnt work and says he looking for a job but always has excuses of why he cant..he much rather go with woman with kids and babysit while she works..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Yup. Irresponsible immature jerk. BUT.....obviously the woman that allows it is missing a few brain cells.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• sure sounds like it to me. somebody in his family has probably put it in his head to do this...or maybe he has seen some stupid movie or something
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yep!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 9:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• op here

his mom was a drunk and never around so could that be part of it too? he looking for a mommy figure
    Anonymous

• its possible that an older woman would be better for him in a relationship since his mother wasnt around...he may look up to and admire someone who is older and more mature instead of younger and immature and doesnt know what they want.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It could be a mommy thing. It could be a maturity thing, where because of his past, he's more mature (or thinks he is, anyway) than the people his age. It could be that he sees himself filling a need in the kids' lives, being there for them while mom's at work (sort of a throwback to when he was a lonely little boy sort of thing...) Or, honestly, it could be that he's a pervert, and this is a good way to get access to children to abuse.

But frankly, without knowing him, there really isn't any way of knowing if it's any of these things, or something else entirely.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• well he isnt a pervert i know that much and i trust him with my kids b4 anyone else

op here
    Anonymous

• I find it odd that a young man would prefer be with kids than out in the adult world. I would never allow a teen boy to babysit my kids whether he wants a mommy figure when the mom comes home or not. That's just a red flag waving like crazy.
    Anonymous

• Actually, my teenage boy babysits, and he's just as good at it as my teenage daughter. In fact, there are a couple of families that would rather have him than our dd, because their elem age boys really look up to him, like a big brother / older cousin - he will go out and toss the football or kick the soccer ball around with them, that sort of thing, while he's babysitting and the kids think that's the coolest thing in the world.

I wasn't trying to say he WAS a pervert. I was just trying to show that there are any number of things that could be the reason for it, and that without knowing him, there really isn't a way to know or answer here that would be fair to him or accurate as far as why he does what he does.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• op here
    i know you werent trying to say, i just wanted make clear he wasnt
    Anonymous