Mothers with children under 3... what is the biggest and most expensive gift you are getting your child for Christmas this year?

My husband and i are getting our 16 month old lil man a Home Depo tool bench which is around $60

31angelmommy3

Asked by 31angelmommy3 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• I do agree with micheledo. They get alot from grandparents, and aunts/uncles at xmas time. My daughter is 7yrs old she wanted one of those 3-tier organizers for toys-Like a toy bin, but has pastel colored canvas bins. And we got her a build-a-bear kit, 2-3pac books sets and a math pc game and we got her a craft piggy bank-one that she can design however she wants to. That is all she is getting from us. For 1 because I am the only one working, hubby is unemployed , She has alot of toys,etc. that she doesn't play with; she helps me go through her toys about once every 2-3months and gets rid of a what she doesn't want and gives them away. And with 2 sets of grandparents she always gets alot from them.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• We will have 4 kids, ages 4 and under. We will be spending about $5-15 on each one. We haven't decided what yet, though probably some Cars for the boys and a doll for our daughter.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• so you just give them all one gift each?
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My daughter will be 4 months old at Christmas and we are probably going to get her one of those exersaucer things. One that is around $50 or $60. Unless one of her grandparents gets her one, then I don't know what we'll get her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We only have one son. We try to stay with three gifts at Christmas (just like Jesus received from the wise men). The most expensive is a Handy Manny combo phone and (something else? can't remember) that they can work on and "fix" I got it on clearance for $15. He's a little over 3. And then we got him a little shake and go car to receive at MIL's house, because his cousin will be getting one over there from us as well... trying to forgo a toddler meltdown... lol.
    Anonymous

• We're thinking about getting our 3 year old an inexpensive play kitchen.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My 3 yo wants a doll house. I haven't looked into them yet, but it'll probably be a cheaper one.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son is going to be 2 at Cristmas time and we got him a fisher price work bench with a ton of tools for 25 dollars on Craig's List. My other son will be 5 months old and his biggest gift is a Drop and Roar Dino that I got for 10 dollars also on Craig's List. Really thought the most expensive thing that either will be getting is a hand made quilt by me, the fabric and batting is really only 10 - 15 buckes each but they'll be priceless because you can't put a price on love!
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 1:04 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes! We only get them one gift each. Their grandparents get them presents too. Christmas for us, isn't about the presents and we don't want it to be that way for our kids either. Plus they are so young, they really don't have a need for more stuff! They have been given so much and love the toys they already have.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Last year when my DD was 1 we bought that Elmo Kitchen and it was 100 bucks...She just now likes it and I think it might have been a waste at the time...Now this year she is 2 and the most expensive toy may have been 30-40....and my son will be 2 weeks old on christmas and his most expensive toy was 30 for a play gym...
    Anonymous