what do you do with small clothes?

I read another question about the goodwill and it got me thinking! what do you do with your/childs small clothes? I know some save baby clothes, I give all small things away. well here is what I do. My oldest sons stuff gets saved for the middle son, then after middle son is done they go to my aunt who has twin boys. For my 16 month old I give them to my friends sister. My family thinks I am nuts for not saving the saving the baby clothes, but I fiqure who says my next child will be a girl and then I am saving them for no reason. How do you handle your smalls?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I saved my special ones, like their homecoming outfits, Christmas out fits, ones like that. I have a 25 yr old daughter, so I let her look through my 3 & 4 yr old's clothes as they out grew them to keep what she wanted & the rest I pass on to friends or donate to my local crisis pregnancy center.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i save the outfits that i really loved them in. the other ones put in a bag for the goodwill or selling- even though i gotta look at em like 20 times before they are gone for good!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 10:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I put them away in boxes by size as my son grows out of them. I am only on my first child so I am saving them for the next. If I have a girl next time, I'll go through and see what will still work for a girl and keep the rest away. When I am sure no one will want what I have left I'll give them away. I'll hold on to a few sentimental items probably, but not much.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i kept all of my baby boy clothes just in case and my 3rd was a girl so i traded with my sister in law(we were pg at the same time and she had a boy) and now i hand down from my oldest boy to my youngest boy then off to mother to mother if a friend doesnt need them and with my daughter either a friend or mother to mother, although with the coats that were too small for the kids i donated them to headstart, my friend is a supervisor out there and she had mention that several families were needing coats
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• oh yeah i do keep a few outfits from when they were born....
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i didnt save anything not even homecoming outfits :( i wish i saved those at least. donating to a pregnancy center, i never thought of that good idea :). another thing is donating to foster home services. children arrive with only clothes on there back.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Consignment shops are practical. You trade in baby clothes in good condition, and trade them for the needed size.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I saved my first and second children's clothes for the third and gave them all away after her.
    With my first granddaughter, who lives with us and is 9 months old, I am saving them for any future grandchildren.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• see I don't see the point of saving (unless your using them for a child you already have. ) when there is always someone that can use.. that is just me.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2009