good biblical names for a baby boy

i really like Noah, but it's soo darn common that it loses a little of it's appeal. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Old Testament or New? I like the prophets - Daniel, Jeremiah, Micah. Something different, Shadrach. My husband loves to suggest names like Othniel, Lemuel, Melchisedek! Lol! He can be really helpful! What about the disciples, Matthew, Mark, John, Peter, etc.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Daniel, Joshua, David, Adam, Aaron, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Joseph, Jacob (tough because of the Twilight series, I think this is going to be a very common name in the next few yrs), Jeremiah, Nathanial, Peter, Paul, Gideon, Benjamin, Simeon, Isaac, Nathan, Elijah, Isaiah.

Hope some of those help :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Caleb, Malachi, Paul, Isaac, Abram, Abraham, Paul, David, Joel, Job, Samuel, Timothy, Thomas - not trying to name the ones that you had already suggested but here are a few more :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son's name is Micah Josiah. Micah means "Who is like God" & Josiah means "Fire of the Lord"
    I only know of 2 other Micahs, but it's not so uncommon that it's strange.
    Best Wishes & I hope you find what you're looking for!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I named my DS Noah. Even though it's very popular in the U.S., it's not very popular in my region. We haven't met another little boy Noah yet, so if you really love the name don't rule it out just because it's at the top of the U.S. list because it might not be that popular in your particular region. That being said, I also love the name Jonah and it is hardly ever used.

Other great choices: Aaron, Abraham, Amos, Asher, Cyrus, Eli, Elias, Elijah, James, Jared, Jedidiah, Levi, Luke, Malachi, Moses, Obadiah, Omar, Silas, TItus, Uriah
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thomas
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• ps i like noah, pick it if you feel like you can say it for the rest of your life
    Jan0609momma

• We're going for the arch angel Gabriel.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I LOVE Noah. Gabriel is another good one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• my friends name all their kids biblical names and their sons are Jonathon and Andrew (twins) and Benjamin. gl!
    Anonymous