would you still invite them?

my son's bday is coming up and he will be 5 ...he has made it clear to me that he does not want my 2 yr old nephew to come to his party. My nephew is very aggresive and my sister doesnt control him at all. I told my mom this afternoon and she seemed mad and pretty much said that my son was just a little spoiled brat. I mean, this kid hits, kicks, bites, and my sister sits back and i tell my son to hit him back and not let him do it but my son is very gentle. One time my son did hit him back and my sister got mad. I feel guilty not ever wanting them around but...i just don't know what to do.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would invite them but tell them the first time they cannot control their son they will be asked to leave and not invited back. IMO
    My nephew was really bad about opening gifts and at my DD first birthday he was in all the pictures of her unwrapping her gifts because no one did anything, I was so mad I just wanted to scream control your "f"n kid. So on her second birthday I mentioned something so my Aunt brought him some gifts to unwrap too. I didn't say something but I vowed my DD would never be so uncontrolled that she couldn't understand it is someone else's birthday and presents.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• uggh same problem with me and my brother his step daughter is hell on wheels and they are coming down this weekend, they do better at my house than at my mom's cause she doesnt put her foot down. but my brother knows that my house my rules and i have no problem disciplining their kids if they dont. my sis in law called me a b*tch cause she had me watch the kids one time while they went out for food and their daughter pushed my then 2 yr old down and grabbed his bag of chips and she told me that they were hers..so i took away the chips gave them back to my son and put in time out for shoving and lying...if she wanted some she should of asked..she has yet to act up in my house
    Anonymous

• I thought it was an unwritten rule that if your siblings children are out of hand its okay to step it. I would never discipline someone elses kids but me and my sister frequently take charge of each others childrens. If her kids are out of line and my sister doesn't step I will and the other way around. Thats what I recommend doing. If your sister won't control her kid at your house, then you do it. If she complains, just tell her, its your house, and kids have certain rules at your house and if she can't help enforce them than you will. If she gets pissed then let her get pissed. Most people get mad when you stand up to them like that cause they know you are right

geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Hell no. We had a similar situation. My dd's boy cousins were awful and would team up on her. The first time, we let it pass. The second time, I yelled at the kids, and the parents. That's total BS. We never invited them to anything after that. They invited us, but we declined.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• she does'nt care if i spank him...i spanked him..(popped his pampy) (not beat the hell out of him, so no bashing) It does'nt faze him at all though...he is just non-stop. I honestly don't see how my sister does it. My point is..my son has told me that he does not want him at the party. He don't like him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i just know my sister will be sooo offended
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't allow him around in that situation, he is an uncontrolled brat and your son doesn't like him. If my son or daughter had a problem with someone family or not then I would not force my child to be around them
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 11:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• That kid sounds like a brat and you sound like an idiot too. What moron tells a 5 year old to hit a two year old? Are you out of your mind? I don't care how that kid acts. Way to teach your kid how to handle tough situations!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't invite him, and tell your sister that the party is for older children.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• and just how would you handle it..."go sit in the other room"..."don't let him follow you" "Oh he's only 2, don't hit the baby"...what ever you are the moron. My sister teaches him to hit...his fist sentence was "ya want some" and he would ball up his fist and shake it at you. Of course i'm gonna tell my son to defend himself against the little shithead
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2009