How do I get a copy of my mom's autopsy report?

My mom passed away and was only 42 years old. My stepdad will not let anyone see her death certificate or autopsy report? When she passed away he had her cremated within 2 days and wouldn't let anyone help with the arrangements. I really just want to know what killed my mom and what my stepdad is hiding. Please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• contact a lawyer to see what can be done.... sorry for your lost...
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the phone book probably under government agencies
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If she passed away in a hospital or was taken there then that's where I would start. If they can't help you, they should be able to give you some direction.
    musicmom77

Answer by musicmom77 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• No she died at her house. My stepdad said he was getting ready for work and found her laying on the livingroom floor not breathing. Thank u all!
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 10:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• you can get a copy of her death certificate at your courthouse,i had to do the same thing in a similar sitition
    Moonz

Answer by Moonz at 11:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• call the medical examiners office in your county
    fishersmom06

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Similar thing happened when my mom died. We got a copy of the report from the hospital.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2008