my son keeps vomiting???

i have a 3yr old son and he has been acting fine all day. well after my husband left for work night shifts, my son started vomiting everything he has eaten today. he has a temp of 97.0 F.. he is also claiming that his stomach hurts? what should i do and could he be getting the stomach flu??

kooi

Asked by kooi at 10:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just give him small amounts of liquids and see if he can keep that down. If he can't then you'll only want to give him a tsp. at a time until he hasn't puked for about 30 min. then increase his liquid intake from their. If he can hold down liquids get him gatorade or something with electrolites. If he's hungry then keep it to dry cereal, saltines, toast. His temp. isn't high so it's hard to say if he's getting the stomach flu. You can also give him popsicles, he'll like that.
    Anonymous

• 97 degrees is pretty low. Make sure to give him plenty of fluids so he doesn't get dehydrated and I'd call your pediatrician. It could be that he ate something that is upsetting his stomach, or he could be coming down with a bug. Either way I'd really watch his temperature, give him plenty of fluids and the call the dr. in the morning, or tonight if it gets too bad.
    MDMomof2Cuties

Answer by MDMomof2Cuties at 11:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• could be something weird he ate.. three year olds eat weird stuff... if it continues then i'd take him in but for now just keep him filled with fluids and cuddle with him
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Um, 97 degrees isn't a fever. The average normal body temperature is in the area of 98.6 degrees, give or take a few.

Other than that, go with the advice from Anon 11:01.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2009