Plan B

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend had sex and the condom broke...it was two weeks after her period. She took Plan B 12 hours later. Well, now she's a week late, nauseated and crampy but no period. She's been crampy for two weeks now. Her chest feels fuller and tender..

Anyone have experience with or knowledge of this pill? Do you think she could be pregnant even though she took Plan B?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She very well can be. Plan be isn't 100% effective and it works better the sooner you use it, as time passes the percentage of effectiveness goes down. It doesn't gaurantee that you won't get pregnant. People get pregnant even though they have been faithful to the pill for many years. If she is a week late she should take a test and it will tell her what she needs to know. I would suggest the digital test and it's always good to buy two.
    Anonymous

• Yea you could always be prego. I wouldn't worry to much. Those kinds of pills mess with your system. I would wait it out a bit longer before freaking out.
    Anonymous

• very possible, i've taken plan b before and i didn't get pregnant, but if its time to happen then it'll happen, get her a blood test
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If you look at the website it warns that it may not work. My bestfriend took Plan B 8 hours after having sex. She still ended up pregnant. I suggest a blood test if she hasn't gotten her period when she reaches 2 weeks late.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 1:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2009