For smoking mothers: Do you smoke in the house with you kids? Or do you go outside?

I smoke inside and my family gives me crap for it? I mean he is old enough for it not to hurt him, I think. What do you other moms do? No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• O personally think a child is old enough for smoke not to hurt him. Adults either. How else would lung cancer happen?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I smoke outside and I only smoke one cig a day. But if I smoked more it would still be outside. Your child will never be to old for it not to hurt him. There is many things that second hand smokes causes and it doesn't matter how old he is. I would agree with your family and take it outside.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i'm a recovering smoker..which means, i slip one or two now and then..lol...when i do, its always outside, away from dh/ds. and never around anyone else.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• outside. and fyi smoking inside can harm anyone no matter what age. it can harm anyone outside no matter what age! I'm trying to quit
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You're the adult in the house, you're old enough (and should be responsible enough) to take your habit outside. I've been a smoker for years on and off and it wouldn't matter if my children were 2 or 20 I would never smoke in my house. Not only for their health but for cleanliness, I don't want my house & kids stinking like an ashtray, I prefer white walls and blinds to yellow, tarred ones. I think it's just pure laziness if you do it inside, and 2nd hand smoke doesn't have an age limit.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Smoking hurts everyone, it doesn't matter what age they are. I consider smoking around children to be child abuse. My mother smoked around me when I was a child and I wound up with asthma which interfered with my ability to play and participate in sports. Oddly enough it cleared up almost entirely when I left home.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We NEVER smoke indoors, and do not allow any visitors to smoke inside either. We wash our hands and use mouthwash after smoking, and as much as possible, we change our shirts.
    We even spray that natural orange odor killer spray while outside, before coming back in. Second hand smoke hurts everyone, of all ages, all the time.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No bashing please!

Even the smoke on your clothes and in your hair hurts your children and put them at an increased risk of SIDS. What are you thinking! Of course you should never smoke in the house. You are making your children smoke, increasing their risk of illness, and increasing the risk that they will be smokers just like you.

Smoking in the house with children is about as irresponsible as you can get. My parents did it and ruined my lungs for life. My father died when he was in his 40s from lung cancer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• OUTSIDE
    Anonymous

• owl feather. I am YOU..lol but yeah, you are NEVER too old.. rthat's just weird to even say
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2009