Is there something in the bible that talks about hate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are many verses in the Bible about hate, things that God hates, verses about hating others etc. Go to www.biblegateway.com & type in the word hate. every scripture in the Bible containing that word will come up.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Matthew 5:44
    But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you...

1 John 4:20
    If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. (1 John 4:20)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• im assuming you mean "hating others"...sorry if thats not what you were looking for.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• hmmm. too bad God doesn't seem to follow His own word. ...

--Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• Anon, I'm assuming you're saying that because you do not really know what your talking about.
    Anonymous

• Faithful4ever:

I think you really have no clue WHO God is nor have an understanding of His word. Please don't make statements about something you dont know anything about!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Shaneagle

I think you really have no clue WHO I am nor have any understanding of where i'm coming from. Please don't make statements about something you dont know anything about!
    "bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
    I have yet to see your God do any of this. In fact, last i checked, anyone who hates Him or curses Him gets to go to hell. Way to represent His teachings.

--Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Shenagle that was alittle rude imo. Instead of attacking why not try and wshow her why she is wrong in a loving manner?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, it tells us not to hate.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I have to agree with faithful4ever. You can't teach someone to not hate another, when you tell people to kill their children, or obey your every command, or burn in a firelake of hell. That's like a parent telling their kid not to swear, when they swear right in front of them. The best example set, are those by example. While the bible has a lot of good examples, it also has a lot of ones that are not.
    Anonymous