Can kids really understand about Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I always did. It like Santa Claus, the other day I was asking my mom, how do people convince their kids about this fat guy in the red suit. Jesus is easier, he's here all year round. lol.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Kids learn whatever you teach them, so if you teach them about your religion and Jesus, then yes, they'll understand.
    Personally, I have no religious affiliations. My daughter will be able to make her own decisions about what religion she wants to follow, if any.
    Anonymous

• I think until abut 7 or 8 they only understand Jesus as a historical figure. I don't think kids are able to understand the spiritual realm until they can think in an abstract manor. So the idea of Jesus being God's son, God in fleash no, I don't think they understand. Can they say the stuff they have been taught from birth or early childhood sure but to really understand, no.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I say yes, if they are given a chance.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:18 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• More then you may think :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I think that the ideas are something taught. I think that you can pretty much get your kid excited about anything that comes off as good and happy if you influence them enough. Personally I don't think you can really understand spirituality until you begin to enter your tweens and teens, and that is simply a starting point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Kids understand what is real. They are taught what to believe.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Kids understand a great deal more than we often give them credit for. Honestly I believe that the younger they are the easier it is for them to understand the abstractions. Obviously one's understanding can become much deeper once you have matured as a thinker & been educated about the history in which the mythology is set.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• my two yr old seems to understand about Him just fine. If you teach them and be an example to them, they will learn. When she is older, i will let her decide for herself what religion she chooses, but for now, she is being taught what i believe and she understands very well.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 8:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009