Do you still deal with breakouts and zits?

I had HORRIBLE acne from ages 11-15. After that it was like magic, my skin cleared up and puberty was over. Now after I had my daughter at 21, I have to fight every day to keep blemishes away. Crazy! And I do take good care of my face. Wish my husband would do the same, but you know how some men are =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Its the same for me. Now more then anything, its the texture of my skin...I dont have big zits, but it isnt SOFT. and I dont like the seize of my pores! What do we do?!?!?!?! lol
    Anonymous

• OMG my pores on my cheeks got HUGE after I gave birth! I mean absolute craters up in there. I have big pores on my nose as well. I feel like I have blackheads all over my chin and nose. I practically obsess over it, staring in the mirror for whatever I can scrub lmao. I love thos Biore strips, so awesome.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my skin was great during the usual teenage-breakout years...didn't have any probs until around 30. BC seemed to regulate it a bit. now, @ 41 and off BC, its every now and then, i get a googly one usually on my jawline or cheek, close to the ears. although, i just started using marykay last month, and my face went crazy! its starting to balance out again.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i had gorgeous skin in middle/high school but broke out like crazy in college & still cant seem to get it under control completely. but at least i have it now rather than back in the day...being a teen is hard enough!!

id get rid of my huge pores before i wished away my acne!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i never had a single zit in high school...ever since i had my son at 21 my face has been pimple mania..i'm 26 now
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am 40 now and have daily visits from the zit fairy. I never had pimples as a teenager.
    I have tried different dietary changes and find that avoiding wheat really helps my skin, not easy though. I think I have a sensitivity to wheat. Sugar doesnt help my skin either.
    fiveallmineblog

Answer by fiveallmineblog at 11:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I didn't break out at all until my mid-20's (long before DS was born). It wasn't until I was in my 30's I was officially diagnosed with rosacea. And guess what makes your breakouts even worse if you have rosacea? Benzoyl Peroxide - main ingredient in every acne treatment product they make. If you can't get rid of it, check with the doctor. Could be all you need is a week of antibiotics and some metro.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I had it REALLY bad from about 3rd grade until well after high school...and for several years had to deal with everyone thinking it was my fault...including my family. Now I still have it, but since it was so bad when I was a kid, it doesn't bother me anymore. Having just a few is so much better than having it hurt to smile!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'm 30 and I still deal with breakouts. I have a prescription gel that I use twice a day, a citrus peel I like, and a really strict skin routine that I can't stray from without throwing my skin off balance and having breakouts. I was on Accutane when I was 15 and it was wonderful. My skin stayed clear for years afterward, but lately it seems to have gotten worse. I would go on Accutane again, but it's around $4000 for one course of treatment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2009