are people who commit suicide able to get into heaven

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are some who because their mental instability may have committed suicide. Only God can judge the heart. No one can say with 100% certainty that a person in this case, cannot go to Heaven. The Bible is not totally clear about this. There is no scripture that specifically says that everyone who commits suicide will go to Hell.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I think that's one of the many things we will never know for sure until we get there. I would think it would depend on whether or not they were mentally incapacitated at the time they did it. I've heard may people insist that if you kill yourself you won't go to Heaven, & many who say it depends on the situation. Again, I don't believe anyone can answer that with any certainty.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you kill yourself you will NOT get into heaven there are not ifs of buts about it, life is a gift from God and you taking it away is insulting to him, (maybe in different words) it even says in the Bible that you will not enter Heaven if you committee suicide

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• "it even says in the Bible that you will not enter Heaven if you committee suicide"
    Scripture reference??
    Anonymous

• No,they aren't.it's says so in the bible.You're committing murder on yourself and then you don't have a chance to even repent for it.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If you Google it, you will find an endless list of articles and writings on this subject, speaking from both sides of the argument. It all depends on the opinion and scriptural interpretation of the writer. As with other subjects that are not clearly spelled out in the scriptures with 100% certainty, this is one that will never be answered with a definite answer this side of eternity. God & God alone is the final judge as to who will go to heaven & who will go to hell & why. Only He can judge the heart & the motives of individuals.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• How sad. What makes me curious is the motivation for this query in the first place.

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Although I do have to add that I don't personally believe that whatever paradise the afterlife has to offer would be barred to someone just because they committed suicide. I don't see a higher power like "god" to be that callous.

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Not sure.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2009