are moms as strict/effective at spankings as dads are

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yep. It depends on the family. I know in my family we were always scared of our Moms spankings. LOL! Just depends on how forceful and to the point you are
    Anonymous

• No one should be spanking children. Spanking does not teach good behavior. At best it stops bad behavior. Usually it doesn't do that it just makes the child resent the parent and learn to be more sneaky about their bad behavior.

Spanking and other punishments are part of authoritarian parenting style. Psychologists know this style doesn't work. The best form of parenting is called authoritative. You can go to google and read more about it if interested.

Parents who spank were usually spanked themselves and don't know any better. Be the one to break the cycle of generations of bad parenting in your family.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I never got spanked. I do spank my children when time calls for it, I talk to him first and explain to him about his bad behavior, if he still disobey then I worn him that he will get spanked and if he still don't listen then I will spank, so then he does what I asked him to do in the first place, there is nothing wrong with spanking what so ever, it even says so in the Bible.

Beating is no good but spanking there is nothing wrong with that.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was spanked as a child. I didn't resent my parents for it. I dint lie to them or sneak around to hide bad behaviors. My parents and I had a good relationship. So all that about it not helping and the resentment a child will have is crap. And yes I intend to spank my child when the need arises. She didn't ask if you should or shouldn't spank so that long spiel about how wrong it is, is completely irrelevant here. And to answer the question I don't know yet my child is still an infant so there's nothing that he could do yet that's soo wrong that he gets a spanking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• i was spanked more by my mom than my dad when i was growing up. but with my daughter i try not to spank..however i have..and i have no idea if her dad spanks her, cuz he only gets her every other weekend..and so yaa i have no idea what he does..i really dont think he does tho..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Most women know that violence isn't going to help anything so even if they feel they have to spank they're usually less effective. Mothers usually have a nurturing instinct that tells them that hitting their kids is wrong so if they ignore it and hit their kids anyway they're usually more restrained. Of course some women are perfectly capable of hitting their kids without guilt but not everyone is cut out to be a good mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2009