Anyone have a child born on or a few days within christmas?

How do they like it? Im due Dec 26th. I think that due date it wrong but just incase it isn't.... I want my baby to have a fun bday.. :( seems like having it so close to xmas wont be fun for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was born three day's after Christmas and I have learned growing up that if you acknowledge your son's birthday separate from Christmas you will be fine.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My niece was born in December. They always have a cake on her birthday and then they have a party with all of her friends in the summer. That way there are no dreaded combo gifts. It works really well for them.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My DS's bday is 5 days after Christmas. He turns 4 this year. So far, we have not gotten any "combo" gifts. And although he is young, he knows that his birthday comes after Christmas and he looks forward to it. He uses Christmas as a marker points for him to know how close his birthday is.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My daughter's birthday is December 27. We always have a separate party for her.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I was due on christmas of 08' but had my DD instead on Nov. 23rd a few days before thanksgiving. Not only that, but her daddy's & uncles bday is nov. 24th and her grandfather's the 28th. So I was kinda sad about that because it seemed like she wouldn't have a special day with everything else so close but my SO and I decided we will always make sure our DD feels special.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My husband was born December 15, my grandfather is December 21, and growing up my friend was December 24. Most I have heard is they feel like they get jipped on gifts because the parents combine them and give them Christmas/birthday presents.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Proudma my birthday is November 24 too lol. I know what you mean though, between my sisters my step dad, my step grandmother, and my cousins we are constantly in birthday mode this month. Plus now we have the anniversary of my uncles death. My youngest sister was born November 3, 2007 my sister under me (im the oldest of 4) was born November 10, 1991 (exactly 1 week after my youngest sister), my step dad is November 17 (again exactly 1 week later), and then me 1 week after that. Then my cousin was born November 8, 1994 and his little sister was December 1 (I think she is 8 and I know thats not in November but its 1 week to the day after my birthday). My step grandmothers birthday is the day after mine. Then my uncle died on his mothers birthday technically. He died at 12:30 east cost time so 10:30 where I live and it was still my birthday when it happened. My mom knew but didnt want to ruin my 21 birthday.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My dd's b-day is December 20th. She is only turning three so she isn't old enough to complain about it yet! So far the biggest issue is that people are so busy around Christmas that it's hard to find a b-day party date that works- this year we are going to postpone her party until the first weekend in January in the hopes that it will be less busy. My cousin is December 20th as well and his biggest resentment was people rolling the b-day and Christmas gift into one so that he always got fewer presents in a year than his brother and sister, so we make sure we make a special effort that she still gets a b-day partygifts separate from the Christmas festivities.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My son was born on the 9th of December. I was going to do a summer party in July for his birthday but I had a second son in July. So, now I'm just trying to get the party in as close to Thanksgiving as I can to try and for-go combo gifts.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 1:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I don't have a child born on Christmas but we're Jewish and I have a son whose bday is Dec. 12th. This year the 1st day of Chanukah is his bday (starts at sunset the night before). His bday almost always falls during Chanukah. He likes it because he's the only one who gets a big gift being that it's his bday and we don't do big gifts for Chanukah. It makes him feel special, LOL This year he's turning 18 and we're having a huge party on the 12th with about 30-40 of his closest friends and young (ages 18-23) family members. Between him and my 2nd son who will turn 22 on Jan. 8th we stay busy with Thanksgiving, a bday, Chanukah, New Year's Eve/Day and a bday. When we lived near my family in TX it was even crazier because I have a sister's whose bday is 11/28, a niece whose bday is 12/5, my son & a nephew whose bday is 12/12 (they are 9 years apart and they will turn 12 & 21 on 12/12/12) and my son born 1/8.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009