I am soo jealous of my SIL who is having a baby any minute. I don't get it. I don't want a baby, maybe I just want the attention? sigh...how do you stop being jealous??

Before you all slam me, I do know that jealousy is wrong and a sin, I'm not proud of feeling this way, I'm just being honest.

This SIL has also rejected me several times for lunch invitations and told us not to come to the hospital to see the baby but to call and make an appointment to see the baby...makes me just want to hurl when I think about it..

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• buy the baby a bunch of really nice gifts..when you give it to her you will feel really good about yourself for buying the baby something. Maybe she will appreciate it or maybe she will feel shitty for turning you down on the lunch..either way you can't go wrong
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• make an app to c her baby ? if she said taht to me , i'd hve sent her to hell !

who does she think she is ?

and is she giving birth to baby JESUS ?

crazy sil !

and u'll have t get oer the jealousy cuz she''ll still get a lot of attention after the baby is born too !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Personally, I didn't want anyone coming to the hospital when I had my daughter. I feel like that is a private time for the new family and time for mom to rest before she has to go home.
    I can't speak about your relationship with your SIL, but if this behavior is a change from usual, chalk it up pregnancy hormones. If this is the way she normally is, why did you expect anything different?
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 11:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• When I was pregnant, sure I guess I got some attention (most unwanted). I felt handicapped and dependent (and I hate feeling that way). After I had my son, I was in the background. I was only DS's mother. I wasn't ME. That is what keeps me from being jealous of pregnant women or women who just have had a baby. It took a long time to get out of the funk I was in after I had him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Get a life and being nosey?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2009