Why is it that men have about a dozen brands of viagra but still no cure for breast cancer?

UGHH!!!!!!! All these new guidelines for screening cervical and breast cancer are PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just goes to show you what is priority...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Viagra is fertilizer. It's effect on male humans was pure coincidence. They were originally making it for trees.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately because WOMEN are MOTHERS we are used to being dead last! Everyone else's WANTS come before our NEEDS!

TO ANON 10:59.......... I don't doubt you!!! I don't doubt that this is what they "reported" or "claimed".
    We were looking for "X" and we found how to make an old horny penis hard again. After all you are right and most great inventions were found accidentally, so everyone will buy our theory on how we found a cure for erectile or dysfunction!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• As annoying as it may be, it's easier to give a guy a hard-on than to cure any form of cancer.

Remember, guys have to deal with prostate and testicular cancer, women aren't the only ones.

However, I do get your point.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Money, pure and simple.

They profit from both either way. Breast cancer detection and treatment is highly profitable.

if they are already raking it in, and women suffer from it, why would it be a priority?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Actually, I personally believe that there is a cure for a lot of things that the government just won't give out because some illnesses bring in a LOT of money (sad as it is).

I can't say how I know, except that "someone I know" in the military had a form of HIV (known to the public to be un-curable) that he contracted having sex with a prostitute in another country. They gave him a special cocktail and it went away. No one is supposed to know (why I am being so vague) and probably never WILL be known to the general public.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Couldn't it just be possible that erectile dysfunction is easier to fix than cancer? Perhaps ED is just a lot simpler than cancer. Anway, my understanding about the meds for erectile dysfunction is that they are not a cure. So they haven't cured ED either, they've just found a way to deal with it. They've found ways to deal with some forms of cancer too.

IMO you're comparing apples and oranges.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• lol, I know!
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 8:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Not sure I can compare but with the new guidelines we will go backwards instead of forward
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Men in power are going to look out for their best interests first. They want to have an erection and don't feel breast cancer affects them. If their wife died from it they can get a younger wife and use their new erection on her is probably the thinking.

Womens health care has never been a priority and probably never will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2009