kindey

hello everyone i have a concern,my oldest daughter found she had bronchitis and now it turned into pneumonia, but they gave meds for it my thing is they took xray and ect,ect, and told her she has only one kindey!! my thing is no way in the world i would have not told her she was born with only 1,my Q.to her was where the hell did the other one go when she was born she was born with 2 my Q is would the doctors after she was born are while i was preg, that she only had 1, had all her baby shots ect ect,she even had a set of twins but thats a whole story by itself..my Q where the hell is the other kindey??? the doc, f***** her up when she was having them my grandson now has CP because she didnt read the freaking test right and they stayed in her 1-2 wks to long,,,the twins are now 5yrs,old/again where the hell is her kindey,could she have taken it she was an azz of a doctor cant say her name but again where is the kindey!!

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 11:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If she doesn't have a kidney now then she must have been born with only one.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• What? I am sorry, but I don't understand what your are saying D:
    Anonymous

• I don't really understand your whole question- but kidney's don't disappear. So I would guess she was born with one. It's not as uncommon as you might think. Unless they x-rayed her as a baby- there is no way they would know she was born with 1 kidney. And unless it is an emergency- they don't usually x-ray babies. People can live with one kidney- so you can't tell at birth if the baby is missing a kidney just by looking at them??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yep, what Anon:14 said. Unless you do a test that would show the kidneys, you wouldn't ever know unless you had some type of kidney problems, too. And, sometimes, if you are older and have a test done that shows the kidneys, nobody will remark on the 1 kidney b/c they assume you already knew. This is what happened to us w/our son.

My son has 2 kidneys, but one of them is hypoplastic, malformed and doesn't work, but we didn't find that out until he was about 12 years old b/c that was when an MRI was done (for something totally unrelated). On the MRI report the tech remarked about his one kidney having moderate hydronephrosis (when kideny retains fluids it shouldn't) and being too small, etc. I got a copy of that report & that's how I found out my son has the hypoplastic kidney. He's fine & we would've never known had it not been for me getting a copy of the MRI report.
    Anonymous

• nobody could have told you when she was born because its not like they go do a whole body xray of a baby when its born! And there are many ppl that like just fine w/ one kidney. and its KIDNEY not KINDEY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• live just fine not like. sorry typo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• you can live forever with one kidney. if they havent noticed it yet, it isnt hurting her. there is no where for the kidney to go, it cannot disolve if that is what you are asking. unless they are looking for something, they do not check (even nicu) all babies to be sure they have all organs. she was born that way if she only has one. unless they mri or ultrasounded that area of the body, there would be no way to tell she had only one, esp if she had no symptoms of kidney malfunction (high blood pressure, electrolite distrubances)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2009