How do I find a GOOD marriage counselor????????

Where do I start looking? WHat am I looking for in order to find a good one? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• What I have personally been through, the best counselor is one with experience. In my case that meant age. I don't want to discriminate on that (I'm only 23) but having many sessions with a younger counselor was nothing compared the ONE session I had with someone who was much older and wiser. I value my elders opinions and suggestions the most.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Good answer PP. Also make sure you find one that's not going to try to push you into a divorce. Oddly enough they will do that sometimes thinking it will make you happier. Marriage isn't always about being happy.
    I have a good book that I read when I start to wonder why I married my husband. In addition to marriage counseling you might want to read it. It's written by a Pastor and his wife (they marriage started off rocky), but if you're not a Christian don't let that put you off. It's funny and not all about religion (other than the whole married for life thing lol) it's VERY MUCH about marriage. It's called 'When Prince Charming Falls Off His Horse: Keeping the Happily Ever After in Your Marriage' by Jerry and Judy Schreur
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2009