Im 25, andwondering is it too old to have a baby..should i have had one by Now?

been married for 2 and 1/2 years. Im soon to graduate as a nurse in Mid may, so we are planning to conceive next year. But it seems every where i go, everyine friends and family members are pregnant or giving birth. Im really desperate to have my own little one. Would it be a good idea to get preg in Dec OR Jan, and then work till I give birth so i can get my maternity leave? (My mom thinks so)

What do you'll think..Thanks:)

babydreamin777

Asked by babydreamin777 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• oh drama to be filled in... but no... NOT too old. I was 29 when I had my son...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• When did YOU have your child?
    babydreamin777

Answer by babydreamin777 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• no not too old I was 31 when I had my DD
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I think that you should have a baby when YOU and you HUSBAND are ready. Who cares what everybody else is doing??? Having a child is a forever life-altering commitment, and it would be a huge mistake to do it just b/c your friends are doing it. That said, NO - 25 is NOT too old to have a baby! 45 is pushing it, 55 might be too old, but I am 25, and I still plan on having more! There is no reason to rush yourself - you have PLENTY of time! You need to decide what is right for you, not base your decision on peers. And I think it would be a great idea to wait till you can be assured of maternity leave - nothing beats that initial bonding time.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I had baby #3 when I was 41 & baby #4 when I was 42. I can't imagine anyone thinking that 25 is too old to have a baby! If you want a baby, I say go for it!!
    Best Wishes!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It may be better to work a year or two first. Then after you have the baby you will have enough experience as a nurse that it will be easy for you to find a part time job with the hours you want.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No its not old at all..
    jobo

Answer by jobo at 12:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I had my first at 2 weeks before my 28th b-day and now I'm 29 and 2mos pregnant. I'm totally done after this. 25 is not at all old. You want to get your ducks in a row.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Every person goes about things at their own pace, and usually events unforeseen when one plans their life changes their course to bump certain things up faster than others, such as having a child.

For you, I admire that you are 25 and considering on planning your children’s birth after collage. I had planned to not start having kids until I was 25 and instead by the age of 25 I had four children and midway through my bachelors, it was tiring and a lot of work, and not something I'd recommend to anybody.

Congratulations on becoming a nurse, and do not worry about when you become a parent, talk to your other half and see what you two come up with on future plans. I am the one that started earlier than most of my friends; however I have friends that did not even have their first child till their mid-thirties when they were ready and settled in life, and to me it is more financially wise on their part.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Seriously? 25 too old? Only if you're planning on dying at 30, I guess.

I had my first, twins, three days shy of 37. I'm now pregnant again, and I'll be 41 when I give birth. I do not in any way feel too old.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009