will pregnancy medicaid pay to repair a prolapsed uterus after baby is born?

i know they will pay to get my tubes tied, but will they pay to tack up my uterus?

iggles1967

Asked by iggles1967 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Health

• That's a question for your doctor. Each state has its own Medicaid and some states have several plans. If the surgery is medically necessary it seems like it would be covered.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If it was a complication of the pregnancy then yes it should pay for it. You would have to call to be sure thought.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It will pay for lots of stuff if they are in there already and see a need to do it. Tell your doctor to do it while in there.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, they will. Mediacaid pays for medical issues just likr traditional insurance does. Call the insurance number to find out for sure.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• depends on if it is medically necessary...I'd think this probably would be because it sounds to me like it may cause problems in the future if you ever got pregnant again. You may have to get a prior authorization done first so I'd go ahead and get started calling the customer service number and ask them if that is covered and if it is something that needs any authorizations on because those can take awhile.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 6:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2009