did you have an epidural?

i'm just wondering if most mommies prefer natural births or pain management for their births.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had what they call a "walking epidural" I had no problems or issues. don't get me wrong. It HURT but it took the edge off so to speak!.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yup I was completely numb from the waist down. If I could go back in time and do it again I would have gotten the epidural sooner!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 12:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I have not given birth yet. ...but I will not be getting the epi.

the mainstream gets the epidural. Those who have done their research on childbirth try the best they can NOT to get the epidural (although, sometimes it is necessary).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes And Would Not Go With out it lol I am just a scared person when it comes to the thought of natural birth with no meds I am like the mom off of baby mama movie where they are like how many mothers are planning to drug your baby for your own self comfort and she is like o0o0o o0o haha jk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• yes and because of it my labor was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! Instead of being one of those screaming lunutics i was calm and relaxed. The nurses would walk in my room to check on me and tell me the horror stories of the women who refused drugs. Don't get me wrong I think it is awesome to want to do that, but it just wasn't really for me lol
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• jillybeans.
    the hospital experience makes it almost impossible to have a natural birth. Laboring in bed on your back is the WORST possible position to labor in. Hence why the nurses have wonderful horror stories for you. try youtubing a few natural water and/or homebirths and you can say that MANY women do not scream like lunatics.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No- I prefered doing it naturally. And no screaming- it was a very positive experience all three times!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I did! I can't handle pain at ALL! I couldn't hardly stand the pain before I got it, so I couldn't imagne not getting it. When the anesthesiologist came in I told her she was my new best friend. lol
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 1:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I am a wimp too, but I had three pain med free births. The risks to the baby were not worth it for me. I would rather suffer the pain of childbirth to avoid any complication. I did my research ahead of time though and used effective pain management techniques. There was no screaming or hysterics.
    Actually with my second child I was induced with Pitocin and the nurse kept trying to push an epi on me. I finally got so fed up with her asking me every five minutes if I was sure I didn't want an epi, that I requested another nurse.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I had 3... all natural, first 2 I didn't have a problem. The 3rd was to big and had to have a c-section, after 7hours of pushing..... OUCH!!!!
    littlewolf

Answer by littlewolf at 1:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2009