Kind of down, my babies first christmas and i cant afford alot do you think its ok just to get them each only one gift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes I am going through the same thing and it breaks your heart but one would be fine that is all I can afford for my 18 month old ....):
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• my oldest will b 11 months and my youngest will be 3 weeks old.
    it just breaks my heart that i cant spoil them the way i want to and all i do is cry myself to sleep every night thinking about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Of course they won't remember. It is hard for you.

You might make some things or try to think of things they would like that you can make or cost little. My toddler grandson loves bamboo salad forks I got at Walgreens for a quarter on clearance. He walks around with them and wants you to sword fight and he hits things to hear the sound it makes. Another of my grandson's favorite toys is a cheap plastic ball about 12 inches in diameter. Toddlers also like beach balls. I can get a lot of things for a toddler with $10.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• The dollar store has worked wonders for us a couple years in a row.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I feel the same way, its my baby's 1st Christmas too. We decided to get a few inexpensive toys, instead of just one big one that he may get bored with quickly.
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 1:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• At their young age I don't think they will care. It's harder when they are older. I would stay away from dollar store stuff, it is cheaply made and full of lead, a lot of it is so easily broken and unsafe for babies. Do what you can and "spoil" them with love.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes of coarse. And especially if they are young.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• they wont even know what day it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Not only is it ok, but I think it's good for them. Christmas isn't all about presents. It wasn't 'til I was in high school that I realized HOW MUCH I had to be thankful for that I had a loving family to be with during the holidays.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009