How to get my daughter out of wetting her bed at night

sexylee

Asked by sexylee at 12:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make her clean it up. Have her tear off the sheets and carry them to the laundry room and add them to the washer. That's a lot of work for a little one and she sill not want to do it all the time.
    Also, limit her fluids at night.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Wait.... How old is she, for one. There's an age where it's normal to wet, and be learning not to wet. I assume that's where you're at.

However, if she's "too old" to be wetting the bed, has she had any emotional trauma in her life? Sometimes kids wet their pants longer if they have. When I was a girl I baby-sat a little girl who's mom had walked out on her when she was a toddler. At 3 she was still wetting her pants. I wish I'd had the insight then (I was only 12) to be patient with her, but I was hard on her about it.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Just recently figured out that that the preservatives in bread cause my middle son to wet the bed everytime. I didn't believe it at first so we did a couple trials on it. Other things that can cause bed wetting is alergies/ sensitivities. Most commonly dairy(my oldest son is like that). And sometimes chiropractors can help w/ bed wetting.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It's not uncommon for children that age to wet the bed overnight. Many children wet the bed at an even older age. Some children are heavy sleepers and don't wake when they have the urge to go. Other children take longer to develop a sense of knowing that they need to go, the signals from the bladder are not being sent or received by the brain. Some children at that age also have not developed a strong enough bladder yet to make it through the night accident free.

http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/bedwetting

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/children/parents/toilet/366.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Dont let her have anything but water after a certain hour of the night; like an hour before bed time. Make her use the potty a couple times before bed. If that dosent work it maybe a development delay or such. You can also use bed pads; they have washable ones that u can put in the bed. I use to watch a boy that at the age of 5 was still in pull-ups and to this day has problems; he is now 10; his father left his mother at a young age and he has development problems.
    nikkik526

Answer by nikkik526 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2009