Am I the only one who doesn't like Twilight??

Okay, my friends all call me crazy because I didn't like the Twilight books. But I read them and honestly don't get all the hoop-la! They were cutesy and a "fun read" but nothing to get all hot and bothered about. The "imprinting" was kind of gross to me, and Bella was so weak and whiney that I really hated her.
I know there are alot of people who are devoted fans, but for the ones who do not like them....just wondering what your reasons are.
(This is meant for fun! No offense Twilighters)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I read the books and while I did enjoy them they certainly weren't all the craziness surrounding them. I really don't want my daughters reading books where the main character spends the whole time telling herself she's not good enough or worthy of some guy. Vampire or not.
    <-----Like my avatar? :)
    TJFBGMommy

Answer by TJFBGMommy at 5:14 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I liked them (I've read them twice), but in New Moon I was so tired of her whining that I almost couldn't read the book. They are for teens and of course are going to touch on the whole teen angst. I'm not worried about seeing the movies. I'm sure I will, but I'll probably wait until it goes to the Cheap Flicks ($3 dollar movies) or DVD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Don't know if I count 'cause I haven't seen or read it. And I don't have any desire too. It looks stupid to me. Then again, I'm SO not a vampire fan.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'm not a vampire fan either. One day they'll get the steak in the chest, or how ever they kill them nowdays!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• idk. i've never read the books or seen the movies. And (like adelicious) i have no desire too. I AM a vampire fan. I think they are so damn sexy. But vampires really aren't that sexy or cool any more if EVERYONE thinks that they are.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Well I read them and I like them enought to make my DH drive to 5 different stores to buy the other three in the series after my sis bought me the first one for Xmas last year. But I am not a crazed fan, who is waiting on the movies, has the screensaver, joins the groups, etc.. Honestly, I read mostly young adult novels because I can't stand most adult books. I don't want to deal with the heavy issues they deal with. I just want something light and fun. When I want heavier things, I go for nonfiction. Like books on WWI and books on natural disasters. Like the 1901 earthquake, the dust bowl, etc. Real subjects.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I read them, I thought the writing was horrible. Thank god I didn't spend any money on the books, I borrowed them from an obsessed friend.
    I AM a vampire fan, and fantasy book fan.
    I prefer Charlaine Harris, Lindsay Sands, Laurell K. Hamilton, Patricia Briggs, Yasmine Galenorn, etc.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• OP, here! LOVE Charlaine Harris and Laurell K. Hamilton, also!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Charlaine Harris is awesome, but I feel like with Laurell K Hamilton, her books are great but she's reaching too far for the sex right now. I haven't read the latest two Anita Blake books, I've somewhat lost interest, and I hear there is a new Meredith Gentry book coming out...I'll have to get that one! PM me if you want, it seems that we like a lot of the same books. I can give you lists upon lists of books I've read that you might also like!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:35 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I don't like twilight but I have two words for you: Eric Northman.

I believe twilight gets its thunder from the pack mentality of its target audience, tweens and teens. Just like Hannah or High School Musical. Hey it can open the door for novels with more substance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2009