Has this ever happen to anyone eles?

ok i went for an utlersound today cause my doctor said my baby was mearusing big im 32 weeks well they said that the baby was 5pounds and 5ounces already.. Also they said i have some extra amniotic fluid and they put me on a monitor to make sure that i was not having contractions and they checked and seen if i had dialated and and my cervx was closed and the doctor said i need to come in every week for a none stress test .. Im just wanting to know is this something i should worrie about? I just got checked to see if i had diabetes and it came back that i didnt so what eles could it be? im just worried .. I got back on the 30th for a stress test and on Dec 3rd for another ultersound...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like he overestimated your due date. Not to mention ultrasounds can lie. My son is supposedly only about two lbs and i'm as far along as you are. If that's all he weighs I have the worlds skinniest baby. You have extra amniotic fluid it can make the baby look bigger then they actually are, and vic versa. The none stress test is probably because you do have extra fluid. More then likely it's to make sure you don't have a small hole in the amniotic sac. If you do have a small leak it can lead to infection. Really though no reason to worrie right about now you should be starting your once a week visit anyway, so now it'll just take a little longer everytime. Best of luck!
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 2:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• No. How do you feel? Do you feel fine? I'm sure your doc is being overly precautious and I wouldn't be suprised if in a week or to your doc suggest a scheduled c-section. I don't trust a lot of docs these days. They can't tell for sure how much your baby really weights until it comes out. And they seem way to quick to pencil your birth into their personal schedules. I have seen a lot of women on here say that their docs told them that they were going to have big babies and then they come out not even weighting 7 lbs. Don't worry, if you feel fine then everything is fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009