My son wants to wear diapers

but he is 4 years old and is already potty trained. His baby sister who is 2 and a half just finished potty training herself. Now all of the sudden he is taking diapers and putting them on....like he takes his undies off and just wears a diaper. He even uses my dd's doll diapers to put on. Help!!

chloesmama_2007

Asked by chloesmama_2007 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My friend who works in preschools told me just today that they will do that for attention sometimes--taking backwards steps in potty training or having accidents. But other than that I have no other suggestions for you :-(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• try not to make a big deal of it. pretend he's not doing anything different.

my mom does daycare and the rule is the kids can't play outside w/out my mom in the fenced in backyard unless they are wearing underwear. Maybe think of something like that for your home. make it sound like no big deal but he can't do ... unless he is wearing underwear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I'd just take away the diapers -- the real ones and the doll's. If your daughter's trained, too, then they can be out of reach. He'll forget about it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• he wants some attention and he rembers bieng a baby and getting lots of atention mabey its time for some mommy and son time like taking him and only him grocery shopping or somethign simple that is special for jsut the two of you me and my dad had a movie day once a month when i was little that was awsome
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• tell him if he wants to act like a baby you'll treat him like a baby and he'll have to eat baby food and not do any big boy stuff (like whatever his favorite things are)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• if he wnts to wear diapers than let him he isant diferant or unwanted for it just tell him u love him
    nick20

Answer by nick20 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010