1/2 KARAT ... IS THAT A GOOD SIZE DIAMOND FOR AN ENGAGEMENT RING?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Shopping

• I would think that is a good size.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 2:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Nah! Bigger is better! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I read that wrong. lol I thought it said 12 carat. Oops. Depending on the cut and the size of your hand a 1/2 carat can be plenty. I have tiny hands so anything much bigger than that looked too big in my opinion. So instead of worrying about size I worried about clarity, cut, and color. I already knew what shape I wanted. I got a smaller diamond than some, but I had a really great diamond.
    Good luck!
    http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds/diamond-education
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Oops I meant shape in that second sentence. ;o) Depending on the shape and the size of your hand a 1/2 carat can be plenty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• does it really matter if you love the man? it could be a coke can tab. sure its nice to have them things. all it is, is a material, all your doing is worrying about the size. are you that shollow?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• The more important question is if you are getting engaged for the ring or the man? My ring isn't even a real diamond and I like it that way.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 5:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My first engagment ring was only 1/4 Carot...But 2 Christmases ago my husband surprised me with a bigger one. Not much bigger but bigger. lol I love them because they are from him and he was thinking of me when he bought them. We may not have much money but we are rich with love!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• It matters? Mine is a CZ (like $70ish) from walmart, it's what it symbolizes that counts
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 6:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I love my 1/2 carat! It's over 2 carat total weight, but the center stone is 1/2 carat. I think that's the perfect size for a center stone. 3/4 is probably as big as I would ever get.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 7:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Do some research first and find out what another human had to go through so you could have your 1/2 carat ring. Then ask yourself the same question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2009