help me please

I need to know what wrong with me. I was a good mom then all of a sudden I've turned into this horrible monster who's all of a sudden screaming and spanking at my son. he's 2 and and I don't know what changed. I don't know why I changed. I need help but I don't know who to ask. I don't want to be a mean mommy anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you breastfeed still? if so, you might have to wean or feed him yours more frequent - my milk was 'sickening me' causing my anger and i have to pump more often than wanted. my child is smaller, not a year old yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• take a break from mommy duties for one day out of the week let the husband or sister or borther or mother or father look after him for a day and have a day to yourself go to the park and read or go to the movies go with friends go get a bite to eat go shopping just get away for one day out of every week if possiible because it sounds like to me you are getting annoyed probably because you have no alone time and when you do have alone time its probably not for long enough you will then feel you want to be around your kids and miss them and will want to come home to them that is better then snapping over little things and scaring him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Hmmm. Actually I think you need to go in for a checkup.
    These are my thoughts...
    What are you eating?
    How are you sleeping?
    What are you doing for fun?
    Are you putting unreasonable expectations on yourself and your son?
    Do you get away?
    Is your son having developmental issues that you might not recognize that are putting stress on you?
    Is there some other stress that is manifesting this way?
    Are you physically hurting? (Sometimes we just don't have time for pain.) Look into this.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Two is hard. Your job starts to change from simply taking care of him to negotiating a relationship with an increasingly independent human being. And one who wants the independence all at once -- long before he's fully ready. I found it to be an incredibly hard transition. I found myself losing patience a lot faster than I though; I'd even find myself being a little rough during power struggles (fighting over nap, etc) -- not hitting or anything, but moving her around not-so-gently. At two they start to seem like rational beings in certain ways, so you start to expect rational thought from them, and then get frustrated when they get frustrated and lose it... viscous cycle. But it could be more than just a reaction to having a 2 year-old. Like PP suggested, if you're really not feeling like yourself, it's a good idea to talk to a professional. You can start with your doc and get a referral from there. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My son is 2 years old and I have having the same problem. Although, my husband has been unemployed for 7 months, I got fired on my birthday this month, we were evicted from our apartment because we both aren't working, he can't get unemployment and mine hasn't gone through yet, so we are living at my mom's with 4 other people, 5 cats and 2 dogs., so my situation is a little more stressful, but what works for me is taking a step back, taking a deep breath for a minute and then addressing the issue. It's easy to get frustrated when they don't listen, but don't take the frustration out on them because that teaches them to be more aggressive. My mom also recommends keeping them distracted from anything that you know is going to frustrate you. Best wishes!
    gavinsmomma09

Answer by gavinsmomma09 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2009