Does God give an A for effort?

Like if a person wants to love God and is confused about what the bible really says. Will God care? Will God save this person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You must truly understand the gospel to receive it, so no but you can pray and ask God to show you the truth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Will God listen to me a sinner?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Because we humans each understand God the way we want to there will probably be a variety of answers to this question. My thoughts on itare that I am not God so I cannot tell you for definite what God does and doesn't "care" about, however I believe that God knows the hearts of those who have an honest faith in Him and whether or not they honeslty tried to live a life refleting that faith or not. So in short do I think GOd "cares? Yes I do. Do I think a imperfect understanding will keep a person from "getting into heaven"? No I don't.

lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 6:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• i am a muslim who converted to islam and I read the Quran but i wanted to try to give you some advice, about approaching God. You should ask God to Guide you and make things clear for you. You should work on purifying your intent, making it solely for him. Ask him to bring you to a deep understanding of who He is and what your purpose in life is. Reflect about life and the world around you and hopefully He will guide you to the straight path. hope this helps you.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, He most certainly does! He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him out! He accepts our best no matter how small it is! He is so good!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• again great answer Lexylex
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• i forgot to mention.. that God does look at the intent of the person. and he Rewards it accordingly
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Anon:
    Yes He will listen to you as a sinner.. the Christians were there once and even we still sin and He still listens to us. We still need to exercise repentence but yes He listens to those who call out His name.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Will God listen to me a sinner?

Absolutely he will! All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. You need only pray that God forgive you for your sins and ask him to guide you on your path.
    Anonymous

• why do you have to exersise repentence if you are forgiven by the death of jesus?
    Anonymous