Do your neighbors do things you think is just wierd?

Im sitting here in the kitchen watching my neighbor sweep the leaves off her driveway. Something she does every morning, in her bathrobe and flip flops. She even moves the car to get under it! The few leaves that make it back onto the tar gets picked up by hand and carried out back. Its almost like she sits on the porch and waits for one to fall. LOL

formykids373

Asked by formykids373 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• awe thats too funny maybe she has ocd or something
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My neighbor mows his lawn in nice jeans with shirt tucked in and a belt on. Looks like he is going on a date as soon as he is finished.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Ok first, it is FREEZING outside right now, and the grass stopped growing 2 months ago (we haven't mowed once since moving in). But our next door neighbor is an old man, and the poor thing mows his yard every other day (seriously, no joking!)! But I just wonder if he just does it for something to do in the sun because I don't think he gets around too well.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:44 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yes, my neighbor shovels her snow out into the street rather than off to the side of her driveway. She is always getting stuck in her snow mound at the end of her driveway. This has gone on for 3 years. Now she got an SUV she said so she can actually get out of her driveway. I thought, hmm... shovel the snow the right way and save the $ on the SUV. I like her, but I think its so odd that she does that!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I have a neighbor who recently got a job, comes over to tell us and says he's worried he'll be making too much to get his SSI check anymore...? Wouldn't you feel better WORKING to provide for your family? I dunno it boggled me but also he walks around in a pink bathrobe and a gilligan hat, or cut off sweatpants and a way too tight sleeveless shirt, or the same jeans 5 days in a row. I check on their new baby occasionally because honestly I don't know that he and his fiance are capable of properly caring for him. The kid is maybe 6 weeks old and he says he lets him cry for almost an hour at night before they get up with him! I told him thats way too long. He's young and hungry no amount of crying it out will change that. Geez... sorry I got on a rant. Those two are just beyond bizarre sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• The man down the street from us has an immaculate lawn........perfectly trimmed bushes and nary a weed to be found. He actually VACCUUMS his driveway. I'll see him out there with the bright yellow extension cord down the driveway and he'll have a hoover at the other end. I have OCD........so I can understand fairly well the compulsion to do things that others seem strange, but this guy is over the top even to ME!
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 10:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Wow, I wish my neighbors were as interesting as yours...LOL!
    I do have a neighbor across the street with a very pretty house and she has an inground pool. For a year now she has been missing one shutter from a front window that is hard to miss and she hasn't replaced it. In June, she married a nice man and he does construction and has done a lot of work inside, but for the life of me, I cannot understand why they have not put the shutter back up or replaced them all if they can't find the original...lol. All my other neighbors around me and on my street are really nice, normal people.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:50 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• One of my neighbors has lined his driveway with bouquets of fake flowers. His place looks like a cemetery.

limitedtime

Answer by limitedtime at 10:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• There is a lady who lives down the street from me who digs in the dumpster. She is not a poor woman, she has a really nice house and her husband is a lawyer. But yea she sneaks and digs in it. To beat it all it isn't even her dumpster, it is for the apartments I live in. I'll see her out there at about midnight once or twice a week, she will drive her car to the side of it climb in it (yes she actually gets down in it) and she will take her unraveled wire hanger and start ripping through the bags. Then she will load what she wants into her car and drive back to her big nice house. I don't get it, she drives a lexus, has a extremely nice house and wants the trash from people living in an apartment complex.
    lol. She had a yard sale a couple months ago, and I saw some hats of SO's in there that I had thrown out 6 months ago. As soon as I saw that I left right then, I sure am not going to buy my own trash back....
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Our neighbors hung a rebal flag in their living room window after DH and I moved in (he is half black). The husband is on oxygen and she sits outside with him and smokes.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2009