I have 14 yr old history of acid reflux(takes nexium), food/seasonal allergies , has painful lumps back of neck 1 year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I had a painful lump on the back of my neck at 16. They removed it during surgery. I was an out patient. Have it checked out. I'm sorry but that is all I can remember about it. Wasn't anything bad I know.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Call the doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Thanks.
    So far she has had blood work and a cat scan 6 months ago both negative. GP wants MRI now refered to see a ENT.
    Anonymous

• I am a thyroid cancer survivor. Take her to the doctor now. I didn't notice my lump which was actually on my neck for years because I saw myself every day and it wasn't that noticeable. If I would have noticed it I would have seen a dr. ASAP. It took my cyst shifting and cutting off my airway for me to even know I HAD one. Don't take chances.
    Anonymous

• Take her to that specialist NOW. Not sure why her regular doctor or you would wait this long to find out why she has a lump on her neck. A year is way too long to wait.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2009