8 weeks postpartum...and having problems down there?

My baby will be 8 weeks old on Monday and I'm having some issues down there.

I had her vaginally, easy labor and delivery but I tore pretty bad...good amount of stitches and I also had some tearing near my urethra that my doctor did not stitch up.

I waited the six weeks to have sex and when I did have sex it was only slightly painful when my husband initially went in (sorry tmi) but after that it didn't hurt. I did have some soreness and swelling the first few times but then I was back to normal.

Well now 2 weeks later, the swelling is back and my labia are very sore. I also have a burning/tearing sensation around my urethra and I'm just very uncomfortable and a little itchy...

Could I have re-torn the tears near my urethra? Or am I just really sensitive down there? What can I do for this? and Should I call my OB/GYN?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh, and I noticed I'm bleeding a bit (where the burning and tearing sensation is) - OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Ouch!! I would go see the GYN just to make sure everything is okay
    momsgirl4

Answer by momsgirl4 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I agree. Straight to the GYN
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If you have bad swelling, start with cold compresses for the first 24 hours. A condom (with lubricant washed off) filled with water and frozen makes a perfectly shaped, long lasting compress. Wrap them in paper towels before freezing so they don't stick to things in your freezer. You can also make great ice packs by taking sanitary pads, cutting them in half, and dribbling them with a comfrey leaf infusion before freezing. If you want plain pads, you can use cloth menstrual pads or disposable ones, get them wet (don't soak them, this makes them hard as a brick!) and freeze them in a bowl so they have contour. These are good things to prepare before labor. After 24 hours, switch to warm compresses, as warmth facilitates healing, and cold only reduces swelling.
    http://norwegian-wood.livejournal.com/376239.html?nc=29
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I would go see your GYN just to be sure!!!!
    joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 10:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2009